Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights Resources
The Equal Opportunity Staff is available to provide additional resources to employees and partners in the areas of Civil Rights and Diversity. It collaborates with the ARS Office of Outreach, Diversity, and Inclusion in several areas which are listed below as a resource.
NO FEAR ACT
The primary purpose of the No FEAR Act of 2002 is to improve Federal agency accountability for violations of the anti-discrimination and whistleblower protection laws related to employment and to ensure that employees, applicants for employment, and former employees know their rights under anti-discrimination laws and the Whistleblower Protection Act.
For more Information about the No Fear Act, including data, annual reports, and resources can be found on the USDA No Fear Act Data Posting.
NIFA CIVIL RIGHTS TRAINING
NIFA’s Office of Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights consistently develops training materials for those most vital topics essential to building university partners and federal employees’ compliance capabilities. Our goal is to offer enhanced knowledge and understanding of civil rights compliance using various modes of synchronous and asynchronous online learning. Find and register for upcoming webinars and online trainings, and view materials from previously held trainings.
A password is required for training materials. Please contact a member of the EOS for access.
- Civil Rights Compliance Review Program Overview - August 2020
- Limited English Proficiency - October 2020
- Equitable Distribution Training - 2020
- USDA's Equal Opportunity Public Notification Policy Training - January 2021
- Reasonable Accommodations and Accessibility for Individuals with Disabilities training
RELATED EEO RESOURCES
- And Justice For All" Posters - Printed copies of the “And Justice For All” Posters can be sent upon request by contacting NIFA’s Office of Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights.
- EEO Poster
- ADR/Mediation Poster
- AD 2106 Voluntary Demographic Collection Form to Assist in Assessment of USDA Compliance With Civil Rights Laws
For more information contact NIFA's Office of Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights.