Stakeholder Feedback on New Scholarships Program for Students at 1890 Institutions Webinar
NIFA will host a webinar to receive stakeholder feedback on the new Scholarships for Students at 1890 Institutions program. The 2018 Farm Bill authorized $40 million in mandatory funding for 1890 Institutions with an established competitive scholarship awards process.
To join the webinar, click the Zoom Event Link below. For audio, dial 1-888-844-9904, access code: 5486099.
NIFA is seeking feedback on the following 7 questions
- Should the new scholarships program fund undergraduate and graduate scholars?
- How much funding per year should be offered to each scholar (undergraduate and graduate scholars)?
- What should the selection criteria be for the scholarships program?
- What should be the minimum GPA requirement for eligibility to the scholarships program? Provide justification.
- Should NIFA specify the academic disciplines that would be covered by the scholarships program? Provide justification and examples of appropriate disciplines (if applicable).
- What criteria should NIFA include in the RFA that will help in the evaluation of each 1890 institution’s competitive scholarship awards process?
- Any additional feedback from 1890 Institution participants?
We ask that the 1890 Dean, Research Director, Extension Administrator, or designee prepare a response to each question and share this feedback during the webinar. Verbal responses during the webinar are limited to 1 minute or less per institution per question. Once feedback is received for all questions, we will receive comments from any non-1890 Institution and others.
If you are unable to attend the webinar and would like to provide written feedback, please email your comments to Dr. Antonio McLaren, National Program Leader, by COB on Friday, May 31, 2019.