Archived Budget Information
Every year, Congress entrusts NIFA with taxpayer money to invest in agricultural research, education, and extension projects. The following are official documents from the Office of the President and Congress, including budget proposals and appropriations for each fiscal year.
Explanatory Notes & Congressional Justifications
USDA's Office of Budget and Program Analysis publishes, as part of preparing the budget for the upcoming fiscal year, explanatory notes. These documents are hosted on the USDA's Office of Budget and Program Analysis website.
- FY 2019 Explanatory Notes
- FY 2018 Explanatory Notes
- FY 2017 Explanatory Notes
- FY 2016 Explanatory Notes
- FY 2015 Explanatory Notes
- FY 2014 Explanatory Notes
President's Budget Proposals
In past years, NIFA published a booklet covering the President's proposed budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
- FY 2017 President's Budget Proposal
- FY 2016 President's Budget Proposal
- FY 2015 President's Budget Proposal
- FY 2014 President's Budget Proposal
The following are collections of memos and other official documents issued by Congress over the fiscal year regarding NIFA's funding. Each collection is grouped together by fiscal year, and includes appropriations bills and continuing resolutions with tables outlining the allocation of funding.