NIFA Listens 2017
In 2017, the National Institute of Food and Agriculture accepted input from stakeholders regarding research, extension, and education priorities in food and agriculture.
Stakeholders could attend any of a series of four in-person listening sessions, hosted in different regions across the country, or submit written comments directly to NIFA to share their thoughts and ideas on the following questions for 2017:
- What is your top priority in food and agricultural research, extension, or education that NIFA should address?
- What are the most promising science opportunities for advancement of food and agricultural sciences?
The information will help inform NIFA on prioritizing science emphasis areas, identifying gaps in programming, and determining those programs that are redundant or underperforming.
Information on stakeholder input from NIFA Listens 2017 is available in a report:
2017 Listening Sessions
Recordings are available from the 2017 in-person listening sessions below. Transcripts are available on the transcripts page.
- Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, Overland Park, Kansas (Oct. 19, 2017)
- Atlanta Marriott Marquis, Atlanta, Georgia (Oct. 26, 2017)
- Westin Sacramento, Sacramento, California (Nov. 2, 2017)
- Greenbelt Marriott, Greenbelt, Maryland (Nov. 8, 2017)
For More Information
Details about future sessions are available on the NIFA Listens page.