The Applications Division provides comprehensive software development and support for NIFA’s applications.
The division provides comprehensive software life-cycle support; including project management, software engineering, architectural and design services, application testing, technical documentation development, and database management.
Applications staff provide support for key agency systems and business areas including the:
- Research, Education, and Extension project online reporting tool (REEport)
- Current Research Information System (CRIS)
- Leadership Management Dashboard (LMD)
- Research, Education, and Economics Information System (REEIS)
- E-grants suite of applications
- Enhance NIFA’s program databases to make information more accessible to stakeholders
- Develop a grants modernization process to support more effective and efficient grant processing
- Provide reporting that keeps the public apprised of how NIFA funding dollars are spent