Division of Bioenergy
The Division of Bioenergy aids in the development of systems producing sustainable bioenergy and bio-based products. The division administers grants that support work throughout the bioenergy development process, from growth of raw materials for bioenergy to the processing, handling, and commercialization of final products.
- Develop systems that deliver liquid transportation biofuels to help meet the nation’s goal of 36 billion gallons of biofuels per year by 2022
- Support domestic sources of renewable biomass and technologies for conversion to biofuels, bioenergy, and bio-based products
- Improve the use of biomass and plant feedstocks for the production of fuels such as ethanol or renewable chemical feedstocks
- Contribute to the improvement of the quality of our nation’s surface water and groundwater resources
- Advance small business’ approach to feedstock genetic development, production, logistics and conversion
- Develop paints, coatings, and adhesives for composites that are manufactured from domestic agricultural materials