4-H Access, Equity and Opportunity
Access, Equity and Opportunity are critically important objectives of the 4-H Program. These objectives afford youth of all backgrounds development experiences in the 4-H program. Support for positive development is an integral part of a solid foundation 4-H programs offer millions of youth. 4-H continues to engage youth with programs that address 21st century needs and is committed to expanding its reach and engagement of diverse youth populations and communities.
The role of 4-H National Headquarters is to expand and support relevant, equitable access to positive youth development programs. To accomplish this, 4-H National Headquarters:
- Provides leadership in positive youth development among other federal agencies and private partners
- Canvasses stakeholders’ needs
- Provides resources to the land-grant university system
- Shares the mission of NIFA with all partners.
Key focus areas
- Military-Connected Child and Youth Programming
- Vulnerable Populations