Agricultural Extension Programs at 1890 Institutions
The purpose of this capacity grant funding is to support agricultural and forestry extension activities at 1890 Land-Grant Universities, including Tuskegee University and West Virginia State University. Recipients of these funds must provide a 100 percent match from non-federal sources.
This grant assists diverse audiences, particularly those who have limited social and economic resources. Funding supports practical, research-based educational opportunities that respond to the changing needs of these clients, who are often families owning small to medium-size farms. The workshops and programs enhance the marketing skills of these farmers so they can place their products in local, national, and global markets. It also supports training for minority farmers and landowners to acquire adequate capital, adopt new technologies, and use estate planning and tax incentive programs to retain operations and increase profitability.
Authorized Representative Clarification Memorandum from Dr. Sonny Ramaswamy July 27, 2016
There are two types of reporting requirements for these funds:
1) Plan of Work. Each 1862 and 1890 land-grant institution is required to submit every five years a plan of work for their agricultural research and extension formula grants authorized under the Hatch Act, Smith-Lever Act, and Sections 1444 and 1445 of the National Agricultural Research, Extension, and Teaching Policy Act. For more information on this reporting requirement please visit the Plan of Work page.
2) Financial Reporting. Awardees are required to submit a SF-425, Federal Financial Report annually no later than 90 days after the award anniversary date. The final SF-425 is due no later than 90 days after the termination date of the grant. The form should be emailed as a PDF attachment to email@example.com. All questions relating to the SF-425 reports should be directed to the Administrative Contact listed in block 14 of the Award Face Sheet.
- NIFA Federal Assistance Policy Guide
- Administrative Guidance for Multistate Extension and Integrated Activities
- FY 1997 Baseline Allocation Data Sheet
- 1890 Matching Documentation - Extension