Animal & Plant Biosecurity
One of our nation's premier concerns since September 11, 2001 is biosecurity. NIFA and its land-grant university partners play a major role in helping to monitor and prevent disease outbreaks.
NIFA is also working with its partner institutions to focus on disease transmission and detection; plant and animal disease diagnosis; the extension of disease information to producers, and; information outreach to the public.
- Network AHS Presentation (897.05 KB)
- Extension Disaster Education Network
- National Plant Diagnostic Network
- Plant Management Network
- USDA Homeland Security
- Regional Pest Management Centers
- Rutgers Food Policy Institute