Health and Wellness
NIFA's health and wellness portfolio focuses on promoting health, preventing chronic disease, eliminating disparities, and building a culture of health across the nation.
The health and wellness program area encompasses a broad array of health and wellness, issues including agricultural health and safety, consumer health education, health literacy, environmental health, access to health care and preventive services and community health planning. Results are achieved through partnerships within the Land-grant University System and the health community at the local, state, and federal levels.
- CDC Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation | Building a Culture of Health Initiative
- National Institute on Aging
- County Health Rankings and Roadmaps, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- KIDS COUNT Data Center, Annie E. Casey Foundation
- State Cancer Profiles, National Cancer Institute
- Step It Up! The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Promote Walking and Walkable Communities