Research & Evaluation
Research and Evaluation addresses program planning, design, monitoring, assessments, and impacts-focused reporting of research, education and extension projects in the areas of Community Vitality and Family Well-Being. Collectively, this work informs, contributes to, and supports research and evaluation knowledge dissemination and science capacity and rigor of initiatives informed by Family & Consumer Sciences and led by the land grant system and other NIFA partners.
Importance Of Research and Evaluation
Sound research and evaluation knowledge and practices are critical in developing and implementing successful solutions to societal challenges. The Division of Family & Consumer Sciences at NIFA recognizes the importance of research and evaluation in promoting Community Vitality and increasing Family Well-Being. In that effort, research and evaluation efforts seek to enhance current and future grantees' capacity and opportunities to utilize best practices so that they may be more effective, efficient, and transparent in building evidence-base of research, education and extension activities in the areas of Community Vitality and Family Well-Being and in accomplishing desired short- medium- and long-term societal impacts.
NIFA Reporting Portal – browse ongoing and recently completed research, education, and Extension projects in the areas of Family Well-Being and Community Vitality.
- National Framework for Health and Wellness
- Increasing Extension's Evidence-Based Programming
- Data Gateway
- Analysis of the Value of Family & Consumer Sciences Extension in the North Central Region (2015)
- The National Community Resource and Economic Development (CRED) Indicators Team
- eXtension's Evaluation Community of Practice (Eval CoP)
- Resources for Documenting Impacts from NERCRD
- USDA State Fact Sheets
- Extension Education Evaluation Topical Interest Group (EEE-TIG) of the American Evaluation Association
- Community Assessment and Education to Promote Behavioral Health Planning and Evaluation (CAPE)
- Land-Grant Impacts in the Area of Youth, Family, & Communities
- Multistate Research Impact Statement Archive
- Healthy People 2020
- Limited English Proficiency (LEP)
- Family and Consumer Sciences Research
- Journal of Extension
- Journal of the National Extension Association of Family & Consumer Sciences