2020 Capacity Budget Requirements
2020 Capacity budget requirement information
NIFA OGFM is seeking feedback and comments from land-grant institution stakeholders on its proposed guidance related to implementation of the requirement to submit budgets with 2020 capacity proposals.Comments are due by 5:00 pm Eastern on December 15, 2018.
Below, in resources, are the following documents for review and comment:
- A Frequently Asked Questions related to implementation
- Draft capacity grants.gov application guide instructions for completing the budget
- A sample filled-in budget for Extension - Smith Lever
- A sample filled-in budget for Research - 1890 Evans-Allen
- An annotated sample budget for extension - Smith-Lever - with instructions and a sample justification
- An annotated sample budget for research- Evans-Allen- with instructions and a sample justification
- Draft terms and conditions and capacity RFA language
There is also a link to where you can access a blank SF 424a and OMB instructions in grants.gov. NIFA is in the process of having this form moved to be located in the R&R library it uses for grant applications.
Capacity Budgets 2020 Requirement FAQs (93.3 KB)
Capacity grants.gov Application Guide (65.21 KB)
Sample Capacity Budget 424a - Extension (136.4 KB)
Sample Capacity Budget 424a - Research (273.89 KB)