FY18 Food Safety Outreach Program Webinar
The Food Safety Outreach Program focuses on the delivery of customized training for owners and operators of small farms, food processors, small fruit and vegetable wholesalers, food hubs, farmers’ markets, terminal markets, and farms that lack access to food safety training and other educational opportunities. In FY 2018, NIFA will fund:
- Pilot and Community Outreach Projects
- Pilot Projects will support the development and implementation of new and potentially high-risk, high-impact food safety education and outreach programs in local communities that address the needs of small, specialized audiences among the various target groups.
- Community Outreach Projects will focus on the growth and expansion of already-existing food safety education and outreach programs that are currently offered in local communities.
- Regional Center - NC, S, NE, W Regional Centers (RC)
- RC projects will coordinate across their region and expand upon the implementation of FSMA-related training, education, and Technical Assistance to the intended audience.
- Education and training for a cadre of regional FSMA trainers must be developed, with a focus on extending technical assistance that is inclusive of NGO’s and CBO’s traditionally working with target audiences.
Start Date: Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 11:00am EDT
End Date: Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 12:00pm EDT
Location: Waterfront Centre Bldg - Room 2311, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
RESOURCES-WEBINAR PRESENTATION & CAPTIONED TRANSCRIPT
Captioned Transcript for FSOP Webinar 05-03-2018 (123.26 KB)