Request for Non-Land-Grant College of Agriculture Designation

The following form can be used for institutions to electronically request designation as a Non-Land-Grant College of Agriculture (NLGCA). Within 30 days of submitting this form, NIFA will provide the Administrative Point of Contact specified on the form, with a certification or a response indicating why certification is being denied. Land-grant institutions are not eligible to receive this designation.

Note for McIntire-Stennis Cooperating Forestry Schools and Hispanic-serving Agricultural Colleges and Universities (HSACU): To be considered for NLGCA designation, an AR should have already submitted a declaration of the institution's intent not to be considered a HSACU or Cooperating Forestry School, as applicable, to prior to filling out this form. In accordance with Section 7101 of the Agricultural Act of 2014, this declaration by such institutions shall remain in effect until September 30, 2018, and will result in the institution not being eligible for funds available to it under its prior status for this period of time.

Is the institution a public college or university? This field is required.
Does the institution grant a four-year or higher-level degrees in food and agricultural sciences? This field is required.
(the term "food and agricultural sciences" means basic, applied, and developmental research, extension, and teaching activities in food and fiber, agricultural, renewable energy, and natural resources, forestry, and physical and social sciences.)
Primary discipline in food and agricultural sciences. Select from list of qualified disciplines This field is required.
Secondary discipline in food and agricultural services. Select from list of qualified disciplines This field is required.
Select the institution's classification if applicable This field is required.

By submitting this request electronically, I certify that I have the authority to make this request on behalf of my institution.