Financial Management Division
The Financial Management Division (FMD) is responsible for the agency’s financial activities. FMD plans, directs, and manages programs related to financial management, reconciliation, and reporting.
FMD is responsible for obligating and authorizing funds in NIFA’s grants management system and Treasury’s ASAP system.
- Unliquidated obligation report and clearing reconciliation
- Abnormal balance reconciliation
- Trial balance review and analysis
- Inter/Intra-Agency Agreements and IPAC payments
- Modernize agency financial systems in order to provide online, real-time transaction capability (Financial Management Modernization Initiative)
- Provide reporting of financial award data as directed by the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act
- Maintain accounting records that are accurate and up-to-date
- Ensure timely reimbursement of funds agreed to under the Inter-Agency Agreement
- Protect the integrity of NIFA’s financial obligations, payments, cash, and any subsequent reporting in conjunction with USDA’s overall financial statements.